Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Blogging

I'm writing my first blog post and realizing that I am a dork. I made fun of bloggers for years - I was like "how lame are you guys that you sit around and write down your thoughts all day??? Ha! Losers!" 

Serves me right...

Thanks to one of my best friends, Amanda, I am here today having officially started a blog. This blog is MY blog. I'm not on it to promote an idea or lobby for a politician. I'm not on it because I think anyone particularly cares about what I have to say or thinks my opinions and ideas can change the world. I'm blogging because millions of thoughts (some brilliant and funny; others dumb and driven by negative emotion) run through my head everyday. I want the people I love to have a way of knowing what I'm thinking and what's going on in my life - if they so choose. :)

So, although Amanda will probably be my only follower, I'll have a semi-permanent, hard to destroy diary of sorts for my friends, family, and future children. (Note: I'm not pregnant, just planning ahead.) AND if something I put on here inspires someone else, makes someone laugh, or simply helps them to know me more, then I would be okay with that too.

P.S. You may have noticed the title of my blog is "Officially Different" and I have owls on my site. Why? No big reason that takes lots of explaining - simple, actually. I'm weird - not creepy, just quirky. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Congrats on your first blog post. The best part is how I got a shout out in the first post... so flattered :) Did my blog post help with the shaggy blog template? I like the owls. Can't wait to read more - keep it coming! Lv ya. Amanda

    ReplyDelete